Monday, January 12, 2009

The Year of the Therapy Dog

As noted in an earlier posting, my goal this year is to focus on therapy dogs and their handlers and creating the appropriate organization and process to support them. In addition, I want to expand the reach of therapy dogs in our community. To attain these goals, I am letting go of some things to make room in my life for others.

Beginning in mid-February, I will no longer teach obedience classes at the Dude Ranch. Continuing education for you and your dog(s) will still be available. As always I will provide private training and behavior modification consultations. I will also offer group training to those who wish to become therapy dog handlers. I am creating a new training model as I go and I encourage you to make suggestions ... to be part of the process.

If you have been a student of mine, thank you. I have learned from each and every one of you and your dogs.

And finally, remember this: therapy dogs change lives one visit at a time. Consider giving of your time to make magic happen.

No comments: