- If either you or your dog is not feeling well, cancel the visit.
- Be on time.
- Have your contact/escort's name and phone number with you.
- Make sure your dog is clean, brushed, nails trimmed and filed. Remember - the elderly have paper thin skin that tears easily.
- Some facilities require your dog to be bathed within 24 hours of your visit. Make sure you know the rules.
- Dress appropriately – no open sandals, shorts, etc. Khakis or BDUs work well along with a golf shirt or dress shirt.
- Turn off your cell phone before entering facility.
- Give your dog a potty break before entering facility. Always carry poop bags just in case.
- Carry a second leash in case anyone wants to “walk” your dog.
- Have fresh, cool water available for your dog after the visit.
More information is available when you join my group on Facebook.
Woofs & wags!