Friday, March 26, 2010

Blended Families

In August 2009 I was contacted by a woman concerned about the relationship between her cat and her boyfriend's dog. The couple was preparing to combine households and his dog, Lady (a 12-year-old Chow/Golden mix) caused her concern. Lady had lived her life as the only animal in her home. When she visited what was to become her new home, her manners were lacking. Worse than that, she showed way too much interest in the cat. The cat was terrified of the dog and my client was afraid her cat could be hurt by this big, rambunctious dog. I went to the client's home, met with her, her boyfriend, her cat and his dog. The consultation lasted 90 minutes. Four months later I ran into the client and she shared this picture with me. Don't you just love happy endings?!


No comments: