Sunday, February 3, 2013

Brown Dog Revisited

I have four blogs about dogs. Yikes. My goal this year was to consolidate them. But you know, I'm thinking that's not going to happen. Maybe someday when I have an assistant ...

Welcome to my original blog, Brown Dog Tales, started in 2008. I've neglected it for a couple of years. But I have a soft spot in my heart for it. Within it are reminders of dogs and their people that I've known and loved and never want to forget.

So that means Brown Dog will live on. I'll be posting here because there is a lot to write about that is not appropriate for my other blogs, which have very specific themes: diabetic alert dogs, puppies, and old dogs. This is my catch-all blog with a big broad theme: dogs!

Here is an example. I'm working with my first hearing dog client. That's Becca and Winston, below, during a public access training session at the art museum. This a seriously cool story because, among other things, Winston is a rescue from Richmond Animal League, one of my favorite rescue groups ever. Winston was about 11 months old when wonder woman, Sarah Clinton - who works at RAL - identified him as a potential candidate for a service dog job. She was right on the money. Winston has been with Becca for about seven months and the two of them are amazing together. And I want to tell the ongoing story of this college student, living independently for the first time, with her service dog.


I can't wait to share more of my big beautiful doggy world with you. Won't you join me and Murphy, the Brown Dog?

 
In this picture, Murphy was assisting with the final edits on my puppy book. Good job, dude!

No comments: