Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Top picks for interactive dog toys and chewies

My new favorite: the Kong Wobbler 



* * *
An old favorite: the Tricky Treat Ball


* * *
My #1 Favorite: Stuffed Kong. Here's my stuffing recipe. Great for teething puppies and to help prevent separation anxiety. This is the only thing I am willing to leave in a crate with a dog if I'm not home. Far as I know, they can't hurt themselves with a Kong. 


* * *
Do it yourself: The Muffin Pan Game


* * *
Things to chew

Antlers - usually deer or elk - available at most pet stores. Expensive.

Raw bones - knuckle or femur, usually beef. Less expensive ($7 to $8). I keep mine in a zip lock bag in the freezer. I give one to the dog for half an hour or so at a time, then collect it and put it back in the freezer. I don't want it laying around getting rancid. If you live in Richmond, Virginia the best place to get raw bones is the Boneyard Butcher.

NEVER GIVE YOUR DOGS COOKED BONES.


* * *

No comments: